Monday, July 31, 2006

Lover's Talk

Have you seen some couple sitting somewhere and talking? I have always wondered about the content of the talks. Will be they talking about politics? Or will be they talking about some movie? Or, will be they talking about old times? Or, will be they talking about sex? I have seen few of my friends who would talk to their girl friends on phone for almost 2-3 hours. I have asked most of them that what they talk so long. I was amazed by their answers. Few of them suggested me the content of the talk may be anything such as weather and how she is feeling today, what she ate today ( and how !), what did she shop today and why, how was her mood today, meaning of “ I love you” , how much she loved ( how does anyone quantify this? ) , what she is wearing today ( please ), About her dream ( and she would say that she saw one prince riding on a horse and surprisingly that prince were you ) , how much she missed him ( a ton, a less than this, phew!! ) , how she can live without him, and of course sex etc, etc. But, when I asked them back that how can you talk these things everyday. They said “Aisa hi hota hai”. But I have seen few friends who will do all the boasting about love and when the time comes, when she is going with bad times; they will simply do talking. I have always doubted about the nature of this love. I have never been loved by someone special but I always felt this feeling should be special, desires to take the pain of her, make her smile all the time, make her wishes true ( if you can), take care of her under your aegis and love of life etc etc.

Yesterday, I was sitting in a restaurant when I saw this couple sitting in a nook just next to me. Firstly, I ignored them; but when I re-scanned the place, my eyes could not move from them. It seemed to me that both of them would be working at same place as they were identically tagged. Their sitting gesture and behavioral pattern showed that they were discussing something very important. It was high time at the restaurant but still I could hear the distinct sound of theirs amid the mixed noises. I tried to pretend not to hear the talks but could not help my self as their sound was too loud to be heard. I started talking with my friend so that we should avoid their conversation. Finally, I gave up. I heard the following conversation:-

He – Look, I am fed up with this all.
She – “Abhi se yeh haal hai”
He – Sometime you behave weird, you know
She – What I am just asking to bring “daal and chawal”
He – You know I have to visit my friend and it would be difficult to bring this
She – I don’t know, but you say you love me. “itna to karna hi padega, Agar nahi laaye to mujhse baat mat karna, Mere ko yeh sab kharidna bilkul pasand nahi hai”
He – “Tum bhi na”
(They sat silent for nearly 10 minutes, and again they started.)

He – okay, but why don’t you eat outside?
She – Do you remember that I had told you that I am not feeling okay nowdays..
He – I almost forgot, but from next time please don’t ask me to bring all these thngs..

She – Tomorrow, I am planning to visit doctor
He – Hmm.. I would be busy tomorrow. Why don’t you catch someone else?

She – … ( blank eyes)

He – You know I always miss you every second
She – I too!

(And they continued... mushy-gushy talks)

I ignored them and talked with my friend. I came to my room and analyzed it. And, I found that what both of them wanted was talks and talks !

1 Comments:

Blogger Mukund Iyer R. said...

Lovers ke talks sunta hai!!!!!
Love mein aise icch hota hai!
-keep writing.

4:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home